We are world experts in Petrotechnical Tool choice and can provide complete subsurface support and data interpretation to meet your needs. Having worked in this field for decades, we are constantly evolving the ideas of 'best in breed' and 'fit for purpose'. We have developed our own models and processes, based on our combined experience, to help you with everything from organising your data to tackling the most challenging of plays and field developments.
We believe we are at our best when we "teach a man to fish" rather than doing the fishing for him. Our goal is always to make a graceful exit by handing over the tasks we have initiated to long-term contractors and your staff.
We can help the workflow
Today's Petrotechnical software is easier to use but requires more complex support. The introduction of wizard tools allows people to make impressive looking graphs and diagrams without necessarily understanding the science behind them - which can cause problems further down the line. Understanding the workflow and proper training are essential; and NDB can help.
Typical engagements will:
- Analyse how your tools talk to each other and work at reducing bottlenecks with reference to the tools, the data and the process.
- Help you introduce good, basic data housekeeping, including setting nomenclature rules and introducing the concept of data owners, accountability and auditability.
- Work from the interpreters' perspective on the value of improving access to timely data or known quality from your interpretation strategy, creating workflows for efficient iteration between disciplines.
We can provide cross-discipline interpretation services:
Our goal is to support the subsurface teams. This occasionally means providing professional consultants who will work on subsurface projects. These interpretation services still come with NDB's unique perspective on tool choice, data quality and project management:
- Seismic interpretation
- Petrophysical interpretation
- Geological model building
- Dynamic modelling
Traditionally, these services are provided on your site, alongside your geotechnical teams. However, we can offer the use of our specialist lab in Aberdeen, which is fully equipped with the latest software, is secure and available 24 hours a day.